Skip to main content

Mangiamo



There is nothing finer in life, nothing more delicious and satisfying than homemade pasta.  Mmf!  Yes, it's a pain in the ass.  Oh, but what fun!  Covered in flour, kneading the pasta, rolling it through the machine (and screwing it up several times because you've only done it once or twice before).  It makes a mess, it takes a whole lot longer than just ripping open a box of Barilla, but it is oh so worth it!



My husband and I got it in our heads we were going to make some pasta, and then things snowballed from there.  He made a delicious whole wheat artisan loaf to go with the meal.   


Homemade bread and pasta demands homemade sauce.  Get that jar of crap da fuck outta here!   No - we make our own sauce.  It needn't be complicated.  A can of San Marzano tomatoes (this is the ONLY tomato I will use), olive oil, 3 cloves of garlic, minced, a couple pinches of salt, a few leaves of basil.  That's it.  It's truly that simple.  You have no excuses.


Go make yourself some pasta, bread and sauce, and stuff yourself.  You'll thank me.  Never mind the damn carbs - just eat!  
Mangiare, mangiare!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Poly Sucks

Let me tell you why poly sucks, folks. And it does. No, no, no don't try to argue with me. Just read. We'll get to your counter arguments later, I promise. Poly sucks because you are no longer the ONLY love in your partners life. Someone else now shares their heart. You have had to gather up all of your clutter and mess and scooch it over to make room for this new love of his/hers (for the sake of ease, I shall base my example on my own sitch - me, my husband and his gf.  It's easier than using an open example and having to constantly that slashy shit).  I'm speaking metaphorically of course, unless your partners girlfriend is actually physically moving in to your house.  (oof, that's a topic for a whooooole other post!) No, I mean moving in to his heart. Still with me? Good.    It's hard because, up until recently, you were the only one who occupied that space in his heart. It was roomy, you could spread out, arrange things the way you wanted, and could roam

Soot

Soot Sometimes the meds just aren't enough They're simply not strong enough to push back the bullies in my head Those cruel, taunting murmurs in the creeping shadows of my thoughts - those bastards have me convinced that it's all for naught At times the enormity of it all, of my life is really too much for me to bear up under Like an elephant, like a fucking tank, I feel like I'll be crushed beneath the weight of my own dreams,  dreams heavy with unfulfillment, dripping in loss, dragging fear behind it,  leaving a trail of blackened soot in it's wake And regret....ah regret, you stealthy twat... Here you come like a seething infection blurring the lines of the pretty picture in my head of how I always imagined it, how I put it all together in the Hollywood movie reel of my mind of how  I  want it and of how it's supposed to be, but isn't Amy F (a.k.a. Aura Wulfe) 1/26/2018